If are not quite sure of your abilities as a diver, the best place you can go to and improve them is the shallow water surrounding the Mabul Island from the Malaysian archipelago.
This is a small formation, in the shape of an oval, situated off the Borneo Island’s coast, and measuring only 5 to 10 meters above the sea. In spite of its relatively reduced size, it is a popular destination for divers who prefer to exercise their techniques in not so deep waters. There is also a special name for this activity – “muck diving”. This is because these shore waters contain different quantities of waste that make good visibility to be nearly impossible to achieve.
In spite of this inconvenient, there are a lot of people who love coming here every year. This is probably also because of the multitude of marine species that can be met here. Different varieties of eels, scorpion fish, sea horses and frogfish offer an interesting study material for every amateur marine biologist who chooses Mabul Island as a destination for an exotic vacation.
In spite of the fact that there are only two villages in the entire area, with a total population of around 2,000 people, there are many things to do here. The sandy beaches on the shore are ideal for sun bathing and catching tan, especially for those who like less crowded places.
The resorts here offer the tourists all the comfort back home, with the splendid exotic view as a bonus. The dishes served in the restaurants are based both on the international and traditional Malaysian cuisine.
The transition is ensured by a boat that arrives several times a day to transport people on and off the island. The diving sessions can be assisted by a highly qualified trainer, who offers useful information about the best locations from here. As a result, the Mabul Island can be called the true paradise for shallow water divers.
- Sipadan Water Village – With its stunning Bajau architectural design, Sipadan Water Village is simply breathtaking.
- Sipadan Mabul Resort – Sipadan Mabul Resort (SMART) is a assortment of semi-detached bungalows spread throughout coconut grove around the south-east of Mabul Island looking over the ocean
- Mabul Water Bungalows – Mabul Water Bungalows is a new floating resort located on the Coast of Mabul Island
- Borneo Divers Mabul Resort – Occupying a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach on Mabul island, Borneo Divers Mabul Resort provides effortless water access for shore and boat diving
- Seaventures Dive Resort – Seaventures Dive Resort was once an oil-drilling rig but has since been decommissioned and now stands in the crystal clear waters off the Coast of Mabul Island.
Sample Itinerary (4D/3N Sipadan Mabul Resort)
|Days 2 - 3|
Please contact us or click the links in the resort section above for current resort pricing.